Ripen is a comprehensive plant nutrient that is used in the final days before harvest to speed up and enhance the ripening process during the last week of flowering, remove toxins and improve quality and taste in your final produce. Ripen acts on many levels:
- It gives the plant a signal that it is coming to the end of its life.
- The plant reacts by speeding the ripening process.
- It forces the plant to reinforce its defences and thus increase its active principles.
- It brings to the plants all the mineral salts they need, in a form easy to assimilate.
- In case of a previous accumulation of nitrate or microelements, it helps metabolise these residues, which will improve the taste of the crop.
- It increases the active principle in medicinal plants.
- When you are growing a plant for its medicinal properties, this is the nutrient of choice to boost the concentration in the final product.